Monday, August 31, 2009

Dining Out, Ottawa Style: Perkins Family Restaurant

As I mentioned in the last post, we went out to eat a lot this past weekend here in Ottawa. We also went to two restaurants I have personally never ate at, but either my grandmother and father have eaten at before. Both of them are American chains that happen to have restaurants here in Ottawa, but not in Quebec. Hence, it was quite the treat for the two of them. So for today's post, I'm going to focus on Perkins Family Restaurant.

Considering that it was 10 pm at night and there is only a limited amount of 24 hour restaurants in Ottawa that have parking, I took the family to Perkins Family Restaurant on St. Laurent, right across the street from St. Laurent Mall.

Upon our arrival, my father declared that he didn't especially like this chain of restaurants and he would have preferred going somewhere else. However, considering that I don't really know how to get around Ottawa very well, I told him this was it and to enjoy.

Perkins has the look and feel of a family restaurant. Nice wall paper, big booths, friendly staff. There was four waiters there while we were and our waiter was very attentive to us. He stopped by several times to see if we needed anything or wanted anything else. He was also very friendly and had a ready smile.

I had the cheese quesadillas, which at $8.99, were a bit pricey, but they were good nonetheless. My grandmother had an egg, with bacon and two pancakes. She enjoyed everything but the pancakes. My father had some sort of meat dish, which he said was good.

I personally enjoyed the restaurant and would go back if I needed to go to a 24 hour restaurant again. Considering the time of day, ect, we had excellent service and the food wasn't have bad. I did find it expensive though, especially considering what I had to eat. I have had similar dishes elsewhere for either cheaper or with more food for the same price.

Overall: Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, but I wouldn't have gone if it wasn't a 24 hour restaurant. I'm convinced you can find just as good, if not cheaper place, elsewhere.

Perkins Family Restaurant
1130 St. Laurent Blvd.
(613) 747-9190

No comments:

Post a Comment